By special arrangement with the National Driver Training Institute, we can help you get your classroom training online. This program meets all requirements of the Virginia DMV.
The program consists of at least 30 hours of instruction and includes components about alcohol safety, drug abuse awareness, aggressive driving, distracted driving, pedestrian and bicycle safety, handicapped parking, fuel efficient driving practices, motorcycle awareness and organ and tissue donation awareness as required by law.
You must be at least 15 years and 6 months old to take the online driver education course. All individuals who elect to take the classroom component of the driver education course online must take the online course through a DMV licensed driver training school.Homeschooled students are exempt from this requirement.
In order to benefit from the course, you must be able to work independently and be comfortable with using a computer.
If you have questions about the National Driver Training Institute’s program, please contact them at 1-800-942-2050.
ONLINE DRIVER EDUCATION REGISTRATION
Register for Online Driver Education with us through this gateway. Once you’re registered, you’ll receive login information to get to the course itself.
ONLINE DRIVER EDUCATION LOGIN
Please login to your online driver education course. Your login and password were sent to your email.
- On the day of the test, you MUST bring the following to our testing location:
- Photo identification (DMV issued identification card, school issued identification card, valid passport or military identification)
- Proof of completion of the on line driver education course
- A completed “Parental Consent for Online Dr iver Education Examination” (DTS 62), if you are under age 18
- Proof of completion of the additional 90-minute parent/teen course if you are under age 18.
The online driver training school will provide a computer for testing.
1025 West Main Street Suite B
Waynesboro, VA 22980
Online Course Registration
To register for your Online Driver Training course through Augusta Defensive Driving, please do the following:
- Sign up through our exclusive registration portal — remember to hit the “Submit Button”.
- You’ll receive a user name, password, and link to enter the course.
- Once you go to the link, login and begin the approved online course.
- Print the certificate of completion and bring it with you to the testing site.
- You will take the final examination online in the presence of the licensed instructor.
- The online course grades the exam and reveals the results.
If you pass the course, the instructor will receive your certificate of completion and can continue with the behind-the-wheel portion of the course or issue the certificate to you if you wish to transfer to another school.
If you fail the examination,you’ll be allowed to review any section of the completed course to prepare to take the examination again, but you may take the test only once per business day.
DMV is committed to promoting transportation safety through the certification of quality driver training programs.If you have comments or concerns about this course, call our toll-free number:1-877-885-5790.